Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sonata No. 30 in C Minor



Started: 10-01-2009, 1:22 PM
Completed: 10-01-2009, 1:59 PM
Huntington Beach, CA

I wanted to end this set in a similar fashion to Scarlatti's Essercizi, so this is really more of a fugue than a binary sonata. It can't hold a candle to Scarlatti's bizarre but great K.30, but remember -- I set out to honor him, not best him. It might even be a little haughty of me to think that these meager efforts of mine could pay him any sort of honor, but I can truthfully say I had good fun writing, compiling, and presenting these sonatas, and that's ultimately what matters. In my mind, music is art, and art is entertainment first. It's meant to enrich us , and is valuable if it accomplishes this in even the slightest way, whether purely superficial or emotionally moving. I'd like to think that this project will in the near future entertain others, but at the very least it will have entertained me and some close friends, so already it's not for naught, so to speak.

If this is the first post you happen to see, I encourage you to check out the 29 or so previous ones and listen to what's there.

I thank you all for your time and await your feedback. I'll happily post more sonatas in the future if there's interest, so please feel free to let me know what you think of what you find here. In the meantime, take care, and, of course,

Vivi felice!

7 comments:

  1. I just finished listen to your cycle a second time and still impressed. This is a wonderful gift to all lovers of Scarlatti and baroquephils. Thank You so much!

    And a little bit sorry that I could not find any more Yours compositions, I think, a lot of people around the world would be glad to hear them.

    Thank You again and Vivi felice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your music is just great! When waiting for the continuation of the musical feast! Where Sonata № 31 etc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 more sonatas to my collection of my favorite Iberian composers: Scarlatti, Soler and Seixas!
    And your sonatas can surely stand the comparison.
    Thank you and bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for the wonderful music !

    ReplyDelete
  5. > I'll happily post more sonatas in the future if there's interes..

    Here there is an interest
    Here there is an interest
    Here there is an interest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely among the best harpsichord composition of the new century! We await new Sonatas :D

    ReplyDelete